Description: Locals is a program Allegro started back in 2006 to provide a club volleyball experience without having to travel. There are separate Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer sessions for local teams. Within the local program there are weekday teams, Sunday teams, and advanced teams. There are approx 9 players per team, and 2 teams share a practice court. Players can also get their own roster together and register as a team. Competitions are against other local teams and outside visiting teams. 12 week program (in 10 calendar weeks)
Location: All practices and competitions are held at PowerZone Volleyball Center, 3 Luger Rd Denville.
Age Groups: Weekday Local Ages 10-18, Weekday Advanced Local Ages 12-14 (Tue & Thu), Ages 15-18 (Mon & Wed), Sunday Locals Ages 10-18
Placement: New players need to attend a placement camp before the season so they can be placed by skill level and age. They are then divided into teams accordingly. If you played previous year advanced you do not need to come to placement. Attend if a) you did not play in 2017-2018 or b) you wish to move up to advanced locals.
Getting Started: Players who have not had comprehensive instructional camp on fundamental skills should take camp (serving, passing, setting, hitting, blocking, digging, diving). Camp is not required but a great way to prepare for the up coming season, regardless of beginner or advanced player. Equipment: Practice shirt (provided), Spandex, Good sneakers, knee-pads are customary.
Annual Registration Fee: $50 applies to school year. Good for fall, winter, spring and summer of that year. Registration fee is not refundable.
Program Fee: Local: $400 Advanced Local: $525 (Includes Practices, Tournaments, Uniform shirt ) Program fees are not refundable. Placements are not made without program payment. If you are interested in advanced please include a separate check for $75. If you are selected for advanced the additional $75 will deposited, otherwise voided. Credit Cards are NOT accepted.
Practice Times: Depends on placements and number of teams .
- Locals: Mon & Wed 530-7p or 7-830p, 1.5 hrs each, 3 hours/week. (21 practices)
- Adv Locals: Mon & Wed 7-9p 2 hrs each, 4 hours/week. (21 practices)
- Sunday Locals: Sun 12n-3p or 330p-630p 3 hours/week. (9 practices )
- Adv Locals (14u & 13u): Tue & Thu
5-7p, 530-730p, 2 hrs each 4 hours/week (21 Practices)
Individual Registration: New players and returning local players should register local. Only returning players in the advanced program may register for advanced. If you want to be considered for advanced - let us know on the registration form. If you are selected for the advanced program an additional $125 will be due. Registration is pending until payment is received. Team Registration: If you have a group of 9-10 players who would like to play together, you can register a team. Individuals will also need to register.
Family Day: Family day games is a day where players and their families are invited to come play together on the team or as a team of parents.
Teams / Coaches: Alan, George, Taylor, Paige, Joanna, Brock, Dritan and other great coaches.
- Fall Open House: 8/6 630pm
- Placements all teams: Wed 9/5 530-730p
- Parent Orientation: Fri 9/14, Sun 11/16 (required, attend either date)
- Locals & Adv Locals 1st Practice 9/12 Wed
- Sunday Locals 1st Practice: 9/16
- Adv Locals (14u & 13u) 1st Practice: 9/11 Tue
- Family Day Games: Sat 10/13
- Tournaments: Sat 10/6, Sat 10/27, Fri 11/16
Local (all ages) & Adv Locals (15u & up) Weekday Schedule:
- Mon: Sep: 10, 17, 24, Oct: 1, 8,15, 22, 29, Nov: 5, 12
- Wed: Sep: 12, 19, 26, Oct: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 Nov 7, 14
- Fri: Sep 14, 21, Oct 5, 12, Nov 16
- Sat: Oct 6, 27
Local Advanced Weekday Schedule: 14U & below Only
- Tue: Sep 11, 18, 25, Oct: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Nov: 6, 13
- Thu: Sep 13, 20, 27, Oct 4, 11, 18, 25, Nov 1, 8, 15
- Fri: Sep 14, Nov 16
- Sat: Oct 6, 27
Local Sunday Schedule:
- Sun: Sep 16, 23,30, Oct 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov 4, 11
- Fri: Nov 16
- Sat: Oct 6, 27
Parent Orientation: Program preview for parents. This is required once a year.
Forms: Bring to placement camp or first practice
- PowerZone player medical form (right click here opens pdf )
- PowerZone Participation Waiver (right click here takes you to www.powerzonevb.com)