Beach Volleyball: Beach (sand) volleyball is recognized by the NCAA as an emerging sport for women. In addition to Division I scholarship programs, it is set to expand at the Division II and III levels. Beach volleyball is also a fantastic way for indoor players to increase their overall ball control, strength, and quickness. Most of all, beach volleyball is a whole lot of fun.
Format: The collegiate (and Olympic) game of beach volleyball is doubles (2 on 2). Players sign up for the program as individuals. You do not need a partner to sign up.
Competitions: One game day is included on Friday. Additional tournaments are held on weekends at the Jersey shore. PowerZone Tournaments will have a coach on staff but coaches are not on sidelines.
Season: There are 4 two-week sessions. Sign up for as many sessions as you like.
Practice: 2-hour practice twice per week. Choose either Mon & Wed or Tue & Thu (Thu 7/4 practice will be Friday). Times 430-630p
Location: All practices are held at the PowerZone Volleyball Center sand courts, 3 Luger Rd Denville. Tournaments are on Friday 830a-230p or 230p-830p. Additional tournaments at Jersey Shore.
Age Groups: Ages 14 - college Players are separated into groups for practice.
Registration: $10 (includes Uniform Shirt) It is fun to sign-up with a partner, but not necessary. Players will mix and match with players of the same level for drills and games at practice. Coaches will assist players in finding partners for the tournaments.
Program fee: $110 (4 practices & 1 Tournament)
Beach I Schedule:
- Dates: Mon/Wed: 6/17, 6/19, 6/24,,6/26, 6/28 or 7/5
- Game Day: Fri 6/28 or 7/5
Beach II Schedule:
- Dates: Mon & Wed 7/1, 7/3, 7/8, 7/10, 7/12 or 7/19
- Dates: Tue & Thu: 7/2, 7/5*, 7/9,7/11, 7/12 or 7/19
- Game Day: Fri 7/12 or 7/19
Beach III Schedule:
- Dates: Mon & Wed 7/15, 7/17, 7/22, 7/24, 7/26 or 8/2
- Dates: Tue & Thu: 7/16, 7/18, 7/23, 7/25, 7/26 or 8/2
- Game Day: Fri 7/26 or 8/2
Beach IV Schedule:
- Dates: Mon & Wed 7/29, 7/31, 8/5, 8/7, 8/9 or 8/16
- Dates:Tue & Thu: 7/30, 8/1, 8/6, 8/8, 8/9 or 8/16
- Game Day: Fri 8/9 or 8/16